Once you live in a home with central air conditioning, it can be hard to go without it. Maintaining your home's central AC system is important to keep it functioning properly. While you might be able to handle some of the maintenance tasks yourself, there are others that an HVAC company can do for you. If you would like to keep your system in good condition, consider hiring a company to perform annual maintenance on your system.
Why is this important?
Maintenance is an important part of every system in a home, just like going to the doctor each year for a well-visit is for a person. Hiring a company for annual maintenance on your AC system is something you can do to make sure that your system is healthy and functioning properly.
By doing this, you will reap the following benefits:
- It is less likely that the AC system will suddenly stop working.
- It can help you locate minor problems before they become major issues.
- You might be able to save money on your cooling costs because maintenance ensures that the system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Your system might last longer because it will be properly cared for over its lifespan.
What services will this include?
There are numerous steps completed when an HVAC company performs annual maintenance on a central AC system. They will:
- Replace the filter – All the air that gets pulled into the HVAC system must go through a filter. Over time, this filter gets dirty and must be replaced.
- Clean the evaporator coils – This is the component of the system that is found outside. It gets dirty from being outside and must be cleaned from time to time for it to work efficiently and properly.
- Check the coolant level – An annual inspection also includes checking the level of Freon in the system. If it is low or dirty, the company will replace or add more Freon to the system.
- Grease all moving parts – An HVAC company will also grease certain parts of the system to make sure they are moving freely.
- Check the blower – The blower is used to push the cold air into the house. If it is clogged or positioned improperly, it will be fixed during the maintenance call.
Your HVAC contractor can also make any other necessary air conditioner repairs during the annual inspection. If you would like to schedule an appointment for routine central AC maintenance, call a heating and air conditioning company today.